Once you have your examination results you can contact the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council on firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or call the Registry on 0704483 559 or 0783683491 Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00 only, to book for interview. Please give your name, cadre, training school, examination number and date of qualification.
NB: The Council will not respond to any other enquiries made to these numbers.
On the day of interview you need to report early in the morning and will need to bring the following original documents:
- Identity Card from the Secondary School – the school stamp must be clear and touching the photograph; otherwise to be accompanied by a letter from the school which confirms your attendance at the school, including a photograph of you with the school stamp touching the photograph. If your school does not have a centre get a recommendation letter from the school clearly confirming this and the centre you were sent to.
NB: For those who did their ‘O’ level in the 1970s or earlier and no longer have their identity card should get a recommendation letter from the school as above.
- Pass Slip and Certificate of ‘O’ level; if you no longer have them, then get a verification letter from Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) in Ntinda.
NB For those who did not study to ‘O’ level get a letter from the school clearly showing that you stopped in S3, S2 etc…
- Identity Card from the Nurse Training School – ensure it has the school stamp.
- Examination Card with stamp.
- Result Slip from Uganda Nurses and Midwifery Examination Board (UNMEB).
- Training School Testimonial Clearly Showing the Results.
- Practicum Book and:
- For Comprehensive Nurses – Assessment Tools and Midwifery Cases
- For Midwives – Domiciliary Case Books and File of Midwifery Cases
- For Nurses – Record Books
- For Registered Nurses doing Diploma Course – Record Book and 5 Midwifery Cases
- For extensors – All previous Nursing and Midwifery Certificates and Renewal Receipts.
- Enough money.
- 10,000/= For photographs for Certificate and Professional ID
- 120,000/= Enrollment fee or US $ 200 for Non Ugandans
- 150,000/= Registration fee or US $ 200 for Non Ugandans
- 50,000/= Additional Diploma fee for RCN or US $ 50 for Non Ugandans
- 13,000/= Professional ID Card
- 1,000/= Continuing Education Diary
- 5,000/= Professional Code of Conduct
- 10,000/= Nurses Act (1996)
- 25,000/= Midwifery Handbook
If you do not have all the documents above you will not be interviewed on the day you booked.
NB: Please ensure you know the names of your Village, Parish, County and District